A new chapter. A new year. A new start.
Today was the day a queen was born 😊 Honestly, I can’t believe how fast this year has gone. Seems like yesterday I was 26 (ha ha get it) I am not going to lie, these past few months I’ve been a little nervous being 27. I was terrified of the thought of being 27 because this means I am way closer to being 30. When I really reflect on it now, it is just a number. Now I have a feeling that chapter 27 will be an outstanding year for me.
Chapter 26 was full of blessings and memories. I started my Master’s program in Mental Health Counseling, and opened a talent agency. I feel like I have gained a better sense of who I am as person. I have a better understanding of what’s important and what I need to do to reach my goals in life. As I reflect and read chapter 26, there were a few lessons that I have learned from and I’ve realized how far I have come. I know my parents would’ve been proud.
In chapter 26, I have learned:
- That it is ok to let go of certain people because the people you necessarily want on your life aren’t the ones that you need.
- Change can be just what you need to free yourself.
- If you really want something, you have to make it happen. This is how “The GEM Talent Agency” came about.
- What you focus on the most, is what you’ll get more of.
- Living your life YOUR WAY, is very important, even though some may not agree with it.
- I have learned to evaluate people more accurately, which has led me to reprioritize their position in my life.
As I enter this new chapter, I am celebrating the woman I am becoming and excited to see what God has in store for 27.