Cheers to 2018!

Photographer Miami Model Fashion

Wow, I cant believe 2017 flew by that quickly. 2017 was a great year for me and I wouldn’t have changed anything about it. Every year I like to reflect on the accomplishment, and memories that I have gained and I have to say 2017 was a year of EVALUATION! I had to realize who and what was important in my life. I had to pursue my dreams and not let negative comments affect the goals that I had set for myself.

In 2017, I completed my first year of grad school in mental health counseling. Starting January of 2018 I will be working with foster children doing individual, group and family therapy. I’ve had a few people discourage me from pursuing this career path, telling me that it will be tough dealing with this environment, and the fact that I was considered an orphan myself, that it would affect me mentally. I am not going to lie, I started doubting myself and was considering doing couples therapy instead. I started to realize that I am in control of my life and I must do what bests for me. I knew in my heart helping children was what I was destined to do, so when I got accepted to this program was a confirmation that I have made a great choice pursuing my dream. The therapist that I will be shadowing, saw the passion I had during my interview and told me she knows I will do great in this field. “God doesn’t give us anything we cant handle” and I am excited to start this journey in a few days.

In 2017, was the first year anniversary of my company “The GEM Talent Agency”. I am the Co-Founder and my business partner Tayo has been a great asset to the business. Owning a talent agency was a business venture I’ve always wanted to take and Tayo saw the vision I had and I couldn’t have asked for a better partner. Again, some people have discouraged me! Their main issue was how was I  going to run a business, work and go to school full time. And once again, I have prove them wrong. Honestly, when people tell me I can’t do something, it motivates me even more to accomplish that goal. So thank you 😊

In 2017, I have made new long lasting relationships, my boyfriend Dion has been nothing but a blessing and my friends Landy, Leslie, Stephany and Tiffany have been my cheerleaders. I also met my older sister Amrana for the first time.

In 2017, I took risks and realized what works and what doesn’t for my life.

For this year, I just want to continue growing as a person and can’t wait to see what God has in store for me. I want you all to take chances, pursue your dreams and not let anyone discourage you from accomplishing your goals. If I had listened to those negative individuals I wouldn’t be where I am today.

I want to wish you all a Happy New Year and wish nothing but blessings for you all.

24 comments

1. joleisa says:

Such a lovely post! Your life sounds busy but exciting. It is always best to do what you enjoy, rather than being swayed by what others think.. All the very best tor 2018

2. Stephany Petit says:

Love reading you post and you my friend are a great inspiration! Genesis and I love you so much!

3. helench1k says:

It sounds like you had a fabulous 2017 and congratulations on finishing the first year of grad school! I’m glad you’re pursuing something even if others aren’t as supportive! You go girl and hope 2018 is even better!!

4. Happy New Year, Love. Congrats on a wonderful 2017. It is wonderful to see all that is flourishing and to give thanks. Many blessings for continued success!

5. Lyf&Spice says:

I love your outfit and shoes. Looks like you had a fabulous year in terms of achievement, happiness and relationships. Have a great year ahead… Cheers!!

6. lucicoo says:

That’s really awesome in what you are doing also I love your dress in the photo.

7. Nawal Aharrass says:

Oh my God, can we be friends please? ( I am not kidding by the way) You are so beautiful and the dress looks like it was made for you and you are so strong to follow such a career, don’t you ever let anyone tell you you shouldn’t or you couldn’t. Dm me so we can chat?

8. elishaff says:

I definitely did a lot of reconnecting with myself in 2017 – learning about me and what I need to improve and work on. 2018 will be even better!

9. ashleyb21 says:

It sounds like you had a great 2017 and really grew as a person Love how you include God in your growth.

Liked by 1 person

10. Cheers to you in the new years! That dress looks great on you! Beautiful post.

Liked by 1 person

11. briabbymom says:

The dress you are wearing in this post caught my eye. So beautiful! Cheers to 2017, and making 2018 even better. Good luck with you and Dion!! 🙂

12. I still can’t believe how fast 2018 has gone by. It literally seems like it was just yesterday that we were celebrating New Years!