Costa Rica

CostaRica0276.JPG

If Costa Rica has been on your bucket list, listen, DO IT!  You’ll fall in love with the country’s natural beauty. I went in February and it was BEAUTIFUL!!! With amazing views, friendly residents, huge array of wildlife and distinctive excursions to keep you astonished, Costa Rica should be a place that you experience.

To help you plan the most amazing trip, I have listed five extraordinary activities you should do on your trip.

Horseback Riding

img_9437.jpg

I recommend you visiting Guanacaste National Park in Liberia, Costa Rica. They have tons of activities such as hiking, horseback-riding, and zip-lining. The trail was Orosi Volcano and it was absolutely breathtaking.

Playa del Coco

Photographer Miami Model

Honestly, doesn’t matter where in Costa Rica you visit because everywhere has beautiful beaches. It is very peaceful but the water is FREEZING! Maybe it is that cold in the beginning of the year, but I couldn’t enjoy the water because it was too cold for me.

Massage On The Beach

CostaRica0216.JPG

This is a MUST! I love massages and while in Costa Rica it made the experience even better. The massages are very cheap. I received an hour massage and a facial for $35.

The Waterfalls

CostaRica1053.JPG

You will find the most beautiful waterfalls of Central America right here in Costa Rica. Many of them can be found while hiking through the jungle.

Zip-lining

IMG_3870.jpg

Costa Rica and zip-lining is one of the essential experiences to have when traveling to this country. If you decide not to zip-line, it’s like visiting a destination and not experiencing what it’s known for. Honestly, I am TERRIFIED of heights but this is one memory I would always cherish. I have faced my fears!

ATV Riding

img_8818.jpg

If you don’t mind getting a little dirty, any one of the ATV tours will be a fun activity. The trail ride has amazing views and perfect mix of rainforest, rivers, waterfalls and ranches.  The only thing that I will recommend is to only book this tour for an hour. It does get tiring after awhile and if you don’t have the proper gear such as goggles and face mask, you will have dirt in unwanted places. The dirt was all in my mouth, nose, and ear which was not fun.

Overall, this experience was one of the best thus far. I have to be honest, Costa Rica is not cheap. I was very lucky to find someone who took us on the excursions. This contact was provided by the person’s place I stayed at though Airbnb. The cost was $360 for two people and we did zip-ling, hiking, horseback riding, had a spa treatment all for that price. Oh, also food was included 🙂

Of course I had to do a photoshoot while in Costa Rica!

27 comments

1. Tania Villalta says:

heyyy!!! loved this post since im originally from costa rica! you definitely gave some o the countries best highlights, for next time you should definitely try monteverde!!! and gorgeous hair btw! thanks for sharing

• Lory T says:

Thank you for reading my post Tania and your positive feedback. I am glad you enjoyed my highlights since you’re from there. I am definitely going to visit again and will check out Monteverde.

2. Ally says:

I’d love the chance to visit Costa Rica someday. I’d be all over horseback riding and massages on the beach.

3. Hollie says:

It looks like a great time in Costs Rica. I loved it when I went too. I love the bright colors of the fashion photoshoot.

4. Casey Loo says:

Never been to Costa Rica but it seems an amazing place from your post. I just love having a massage on the beach and zip lining activity. Must try to organize it next summer. Thx

5. HilLesha DeShae O'Nan says:

My oldest son and I have been wanting to visit Costa Rica for a while. I now want to visit it even more! 🙂

6. Amber says:

I’ve always wanted to go to Costa Rica. It’s so beautiful! I enjoyed your photos. I would love to see the waterfalls and go horseback riding.

7. Natalia says:

I’ve always wanted to visit Costa Rica, as it seems to be a wonderful place for holidays. I love the waterfalls, as they look just magical. I also like the fact that you can try out so many activities there! 🙂

8. Never been to Costa Rica, but surely would love to visit someday, and ride those great looking horses.

Liked by 1 person

9. Costa Rica looks like such a fun place to visit. I would love to do Horse riding and ATV riding. Massage on the beach, I am all in. All the pics are so amazing.

10. If you could get me away from the water then I would have some fun things to do. My boys would love the zipline.

11. Marysa says:

Costa Rica sounds amazing, for sure. We would love to visit because there are just so many things to do there. Thanks for sharing!

Liked by 1 person

12. Eat Well Explore Often says:

Costa Rica looks amazing! That massage on the beach looks so relaxing!

Liked by 1 person

13. Jennifer L says:

Oh wow looks like you had a blast! I definitely would love to visit Costa Rica and see all the sights. And the food and coffee I hear is incredible.

Liked by 1 person

14. Ruth I says:

I would love to visit Costa Rica! There are lots of activities to do and it is really a beautiful place!

Liked by 1 person